Welcome to the FFADO Documentation Wiki
This site is intended to assist the development of FFADO. The TRAC backend we use for this site has 3 main functions:
- Wiki -- Helps to organize the information we have
- Tickets -- Bug reporting and tracking, feature requests
- Source Browsing -- Gives a web interface to the subversion source repository.
We can work on documentation content on this wiki, and then propagate it to the 'main' page at ffado.org in a more user friendly manner.
Note that on any wiki page, bug report, ... you can reference to a certain source revision or commit.
General User documentation
- Installing FFADO from source
- Why and how to avoid multiple parallel installations of jackd and FFADO
- Tips for reporting bugs
- Some notes on good/bad host controllers
- Using more than one FFADO device on the same bus
- Documents for bleeding-edge users <-- if you want to try to get ffado to work on new devices not yet officially supported
- A step by step guide to getting FFADO, JACK, and Ardour operational in Ubuntu Studio 8.10
- A step by step guide to getting FFADO and JACK operational in Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- SubversionAccess -- Subversion repository access for developers
- DraftDocumentation -- Documentation drafts (to be reviewed)
- DevelopmentDocuments -- Documents that describe FFADO internals
- AddingDeviceIds to the supported devices list
- SandboxInstalls -- testing FFADO from a sandbox (to avoid a system-wide installation)
- DevelopmentReleases -- (obsolete) freebob Packages & Releases for development/debug
- IEEE1394 -- Information on IEEE1394 bus programming
- HardwareDetails -- Information and details on devices not yet officially supported
- digi003rack -- Development of a driver/configuration for Digidesign 003 Rack
- projectmix -- Development of a driver for the M-Audio Project-Mix I/O
- MaudioBeBoB -- development for M-Audio's sound card based on BeBoB (mostly done at r2448)
- YamahaGo44 -- development for Yamaha Go44 mixer GUI (done at r2441)
- YamahaGo46 -- development for Yamaha Go46 mixer GUI (done at r2441)
- Fireworks -- implementation of Echo Fireworks board module
- fireworks_ticket360 -- A description about ticket 360
- DiceTC -- Dice based devices which TC electronic produces
- VendorStuff -- Drafts for vendor support
- PieterPalmers -- Notes etc...
Latest five wiki changes
Starting Points for the Trac system
- TracGuide -- Built-in Documentation
- The Trac project -- Trac Open Source Project
- Trac FAQ -- Frequently Asked Questions
- TracSupport -- Trac Support
For a complete list of local wiki pages, see TitleIndex.