Ticket #108 (closed bug: fixed)

Opened 13 years ago

Last modified 13 years ago

discoverPlugType Error with Edirol FA-101

Reported by: jerro Assigned to: wagi
Priority: major Milestone: FFADO 2.0
Component: Version: FFADO 2.0-beta4 (1.999.26)
Keywords: Cc:
The device the bug applies to: Edirol FA-101

Description

ffado does not start with this device. See the attached log-file. Distribution: Ubuntu 8.04 Kernel: 2.6.24-16-rt

Attachments

log (34.1 kB) - added by jerro on 05/12/08 09:53:20.

Change History

05/12/08 09:53:20 changed by jerro

  • attachment log added.

05/13/08 06:38:36 changed by ppalmers

  • owner set to wagi.

05/18/08 09:18:22 changed by wagi

  • status changed from new to assigned.

Looking at the log, I found the source of the problem. There are 5 function blocks in the AV/C model. All of them should be audio subunit feature block but they are reported to be audio subunit processing function blocks.

0405167589: Debug (bebob_avdevice_subunit.cpp)[ 132] discoverFunctionBlocks: Discovering function blocks...
0405181326: Debug (bebob_avdevice_subunit.cpp)[ 285] createFunctionBlock: Found a processing subfunction (type 129) which is not supported. It will be ignored.
0405181353: Debug (bebob_avdevice_subunit.cpp)[ 285] createFunctionBlock: Found a processing subfunction (type 129) which is not supported. It will be ignored.
0405181365: Debug (bebob_avdevice_subunit.cpp)[ 285] createFunctionBlock: Found a processing subfunction (type 129) which is not supported. It will be ignored.
0405181377: Debug (bebob_avdevice_subunit.cpp)[ 285] createFunctionBlock: Found a processing subfunction (type 129) which is not supported. It will be ignored.
0405181389: Debug (bebob_avdevice_subunit.cpp)[ 285] createFunctionBlock: Found a processing subfunction (type 129) which is not supported. It will be ignored.

That is really strange. Could it be that your FA-101 has a different firmware version than the one I have. Could you please post the output of following command:

 $ ffado-bridgeco-downloader 0x0040AB0000C2184B display

05/18/08 10:02:10 changed by wagi

might be related to #15

05/18/08 10:27:48 changed by jerro

The output of the command is:

$ ffado-bridgeco-downloader 0x0040AB0000C2184B display
0515363741:  (configrom.cpp)[ 577] printConfigRom: Config ROM
0515363805:  (configrom.cpp)[ 578] printConfigRom: 	Current Node Id:	1
0515363816:  (configrom.cpp)[ 579] printConfigRom: 	GUID:			0x0040AB0000C2184B
0515363832:  (configrom.cpp)[ 580] printConfigRom: 	Vendor Name:		EDIROL
0515363843:  (configrom.cpp)[ 581] printConfigRom: 	Model Name:		EDIROL FA-101
0515363854:  (configrom.cpp)[ 582] printConfigRom: 	Node Vendor ID:		0x0040ab
0515363864:  (configrom.cpp)[ 583] printConfigRom: 	Model Id:		0x00010048
0515363874:  (configrom.cpp)[ 584] printConfigRom: 	Unit Specifier ID:	0x00a02d
0515363895:  (configrom.cpp)[ 585] printConfigRom: 	Unit version:		0x00010001
0515363905:  (configrom.cpp)[ 586] printConfigRom: 	ISO resource manager:	1
0515363915:  (configrom.cpp)[ 587] printConfigRom: 	Cycle master capable:	1
0515363925:  (configrom.cpp)[ 588] printConfigRom: 	Bus manager capable:	1
0515363955:  (configrom.cpp)[ 589] printConfigRom: 	Cycle clock accuracy:	100
0515363966:  (configrom.cpp)[ 590] printConfigRom: 	Max rec:		6 (max asy payload: 128 bytes)
Info Registers
	Manufactors Id:		bridgeCo
	Protocol Version:	0x00000001
	Bootloader Version:	0x00000000
	GUID:			0x0040ab0000c2184b
	Hardware Model ID:	0x00000e01
	Hardware Revision:	0x00000001
	Software Date:		19.03.2004, 00:25:39
	Software Id:		0x00010048
	Software Version:	0x00000835
	Base Address:		0x20080000
	Max. Image Len:		0x00180000
	Bootloader Date:	19.03.2004, 04:02:24
	Debugger Id:		0x00000000
	Debugger Version:	0x00000000
no message buffer overruns

05/18/08 11:08:31 changed by wagi

I have the same version here. I have checked in a patch which slows down the AV/C commands. Maybe your computer is faster than mine and it might flood the device. Please try with r1183 or later.

05/19/08 12:27:47 changed by jerro

That helped, it is running now. Thanks.

05/19/08 12:33:03 changed by ppalmers

  • status changed from assigned to closed.
  • resolution set to fixed.