Installing FFADO from source
Getting your Firewire hardware to run with a FFADO version from source involves several steps:
- Check that you have all the dependencies in place.
- Get the FFADO source code.
- Compile and install FFADO.
- Update your JACK installation.
- Check your kernel modules and device permissions.
- and/or simply use your device(s) with JACK.
Watch out for multiple installations of JACK and/or FFADO in different locations!
Once your system works, you can think about tuning it for low latency.
If something does not work as you think it should, check out our troubleshooting page.